Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Small Change, Big Gain

At the end of every month one of our sales managers brings in a box of freshly baked cookies from my favorite bakery. Every month I eat at least one cookie. This month started out the same, until I remembered what I learned this weekend. Since there was a possibility that the cookies were made with a hydrogenated fat, I didn't eat any! I didn't want to pollute my body!! Later in the day someone offered me my favorite chocolate bar – a Twix bar. The first thing I did was read the ingredients list, where I discovered a partially hydrogenated oil! I didn't eat that either. I wasn’t even tempted. What a good day. I hope this fear of trans fat lasts.

"It's a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourself. Makes you wonder what else you can do that you've forgotten about." Alan Ball, American Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment