Friday, October 23, 2009

A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words

I tried to post this last night but I couldn't login to Blogger!

Do you ever grab a bite of food “here and there”? I do! I don’t think it’s an issue because I only do it sporadically. Although, if we are talking about evenings spent working at home, then I should say frequently. Today is one such evening. I've had several items that weren't on my plan. I also engaged in some unplanned nibbling this afternoon – which genuinely was only here and there. As it turns out, nibbles add up fast. 400 extra calories! Unreal. In order to lose just one pound of stored fat we need to burn off 3500 extra calories. To lose one pound a week, we need to cut down on 500 calories a day. I “nibble” everyday. No need to spell things out...

While 400 excess calories itself is a good deterrent; I need a backup for moments of weakness. I am going to take a picture of all of the unplanned food from today and put it in both my kitchen and food journal to serve as a reminder of the repercussions of nibbling.  I am thinking this is brilliant, but let's see how it pans out...

"The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer." Edward R. Murrow

No comments:

Post a Comment