Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Is Confession Really the First Step to Repentance?

I hope so. Here goes...

I ate terribly all day today. From mid afternoon onwards, I surrendered to every single craving I had – right down to the bowl of ice cream I just ate. This tends to happen when I am stressed or tired. Today I was both.

Work is very chaotic right now, resulting in my journaling and discipline to be a lower priority. Eating becomes a self-indulgent grab and go exercise free from rules and constraints. I also didn't get enough sleep last night, which always leads to afternoon grazing to keep up my energy. Hmmmmm... no wonder I ate badly today! I didn’t recognize these patterns until now! This is something I will discuss with my coach this week. Speaking of, I bet I haven't lost any weight since last week. I hope I haven't gained any! Oh man. I need to get this show on the road.

"The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places." Author Unknown

P.S.  I think I am currently stuck in one of the parking places.

No comments:

Post a Comment